Renaissance Accelerated Reader Bookguide includes several pre-defined user fields (such as Book Location, Have Book, Have RP Quiz, Call Number or Number of Copies) to help you store information about your books and quizzes.
Accelerated Reader Bookguide also allows you to add two custom fields in the General Preferences. By adding custom fields, you are defining two columns of your own information. When you create your custom fields, you can name them, specify which values may be assigned to titles in each column and then assign the information to the appropriate books. If you need to make changes later, you can change your custom fields or delete them.
Custom fields are the last two columns on the right of your list report (if you chose to show custom fields in the format options).
Adding, Editing or Deleting Custom Fields
- On the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Home page, click Preferences. The Personal Preferences will open.
- Click General Preferences.
The names of the fields are shown after Custom Field 1 and Custom Field 2. These are the names that will appear in the column headings in your lists.
- To make changes to Custom Field 1, click Edit after that field. The Edit Custom Field 1 page will open.
- To change the name of Custom Field 1, click Edit after Title. Type the new title and click Save.
To add an option that you can assign to books for a custom field, type the name in the blank Add/Edit Option field; then, click Add. The new option is added to the list after Options.
To edit an existing entry in the Options, select the entry you want to change and click Edit. Change the name and click Save.
To delete an existing entry in the Options, select the entry you want to delete and click Delete.
- When you have finished editing the custom field, click Done.
- Repeat steps 3-5 above to edit Custom Field 2 if necessary.
Assigning Custom Fields to Titles
- To assign your custom fields to a particular book title, click the book title to go to the title's Book Details page.
- On the Book Details page, locate the desired custom field(s). Choose the option that you want to assign from the drop-down list.
- To save your changes, click Save. To return to your Active List without saving your changes, click Cancel.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each title to which you want to assign custom fields.