Accelerated Reader Overview
Since 1986, AR has helped hundreds of thousands of teachers inspire teacher-led "reading revolutions" in their classes. AR Renaissance Place (RP) provides
educators timely, accurate information on student academic performance. You
can use this information to quickly adjust instruction to help all of your students
reach their greatest potential. Accelerated Reader helps teachers reach all types of
readers with Reading Practice, Vocabulary Practice and Literacy Skills Quizzes. Recorded Voice Quizzes are also available for emergent readers.
AR quizzes cover all levels of reading ability.
How It Works in Your Classroom
A typical Accelerated Reader session operates something like this:
- You assign Reading Practice targets and certification levels for the students in the Accelerated Reader record books and goals area.
- Students either choose a book to read or read books you have assigned to them.
- Students use Accelerated Reader at the computer, on a mobile device or on a
NEO 2 (if available) to search for and take the quiz for the books they have read.
- Accelerated Reader marks each student’s quiz, and the student can print a TOPS Report. The TOPS Report tells students their scores, how many questions they answered correctly and how many points they earned if they passed the quiz. It also lists the students’ quiz results for the school year to date.
- You and the student discuss the TOPS Report.