Capabilities give users the right to perform specific tasks in this software. Capabilities have been assigned to groups of users based on their positions and the tasks that personnel in these positions usually perform. Capabilities can apply to Renaissance Place tasks, multiple Renaissance Place products, or a single product.
Accelerated Reader has three capabilities:
- The Manage Book and Quiz Availability capability is granted to administrators by default, and it can be added for staff and teachers.
- The Take a Sample Quiz capability allows teachers to preview sample quizzes, except for teacher-made quizzes. By default, all teachers can preview sample quizzes (the box is not ticked).
- The Manage Book Level Settings capability is granted to administrators by default, and it can be added for staff and teachers.
If you find that you want to change the capabilities that your school network or school users have, school network administrators and school administrators can change:
- the default capabilities that will be granted to new school network or school users (based on their user group)
- the capabilities granted to school network or school users who are already in the database (based on their user group)
- the capabilities granted to a specific person
Do you have more than one assigned role? Go to the Home page and select your name at the top of the page. If you see the Change Role option in the menu, use it to choose a different role. You may have links available for one role that are not available for the other.
Who Can Change Capabilities?
School network administrators can change the capabilities for new and existing users in the school network or school user groups.
School administrators can change the capabilities for new and existing users in the school user groups at their school.
When you change default capabilities or capabilities for groups of existing users, capabilities are assigned based on these groups of users:
School Network Users
How to View or Change Capabilities
- On the Home page, click Product Administration.
- Under Set-up and Maintenance, click Define User Capabilities.
- To find out how to view or change the capabilities for a user or group of users, click one of these links: