Date Restrictions Preference
This preference can be found under the School Date and Time Restrictions preferences.
Using this preference, you set the date range during which students can take quizzes. Students cannot take quizzes before the first date you specify or after the second date you specify.
You can use the Override Authorisation Preference to allow your teachers to override date restrictions when students try to take a quiz outside of the dates that you specify.
To view or change the Date Restrictions preference setting, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, click Accelerated Reader; then, click Preferences in the menu that opens.
- Click Date and Time Restrictions in the School Preferences section of the Preferences page.
- If necessary, choose a school from the School drop-down list on the View Date and Time Restriction Preferences page. You can then see the current setting of the Date Restrictions preference for the school on this page.
If you are a school administrator or school network administrator, you will also have an Edit Date and Time Restrictions link at the top of the page. If you want to change the Date Restrictions preference, select the link.
You can then change the Date Restrictions preference setting for the selected school:
- If you want to restrict students from quizzing before or after a certain date, tick the Before Date or After Date box.
- Type the date before or after which you do not want the students quizzing, or click the calendar button to choose a date. If you set up date restrictions, be sure to update these dates for each new school year.
If you change this setting or other settings on the page, click Save to save your changes or Cancel to leave the page without saving.