Favourite Books Report
The Favourite Books Report is one of the Reading Practice reports. It provides feedback on which books your students liked best. For this report to have useful data in it, the Book Voting Preference must be enabled. For best results, this report should be run for a single class or group of classes in the same year and for a date range of not more than one year.
For each book that received two or more votes, the report shows the book's rank, number of students who voted on it, its rating (the ratings are described at the bottom of each page), quiz number, title, author, book level, points and fiction/non-fiction classification. The report lists the top ten ranked books.
To generate the report, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, click Accelerated Reader; then, click Reports in the menu that opens.
- On the Reports page, click Reading Practice.
- On the Select a Reading Practice Report page, if necessary, choose a school from the School drop-down list.
- Click Favourite Books in the list of Additional Reading Practice Reports (the second list).
- Select the report options. You can choose the following:
Select View Report.
As the program generates your report, you will see the Report Progress page. When the report is ready, it opens in Adobe Reader or your default PDF reader in the browser window or a separate window.
Which classes or students to include
Which reporting parameter group to use (this allows you to include students by enrolment date, ethnicity, gender, language, characteristics and/or year)
Which time period to include (a predefined or custom date range)
Which book level type to display (ATOS or Lexile® Measure)
Whether to group information on the report (do not group or group by class)
Whether to include only the quizzes taken for the classes included in the report (this option is available only if you have chosen to group the information)
Whether to place a page break after each group (this option is available only if you have chosen to group the information)
Whether to print the selected report options on the report
- Click Customise this Report to go back and choose different options for the report and generate it again.
- To select another report, click Select a Different Report.