Labels - Vocabulary List Report
The Labels - Vocabulary List Report is one of the Quiz Management reports. You can use it to print labels for the books in your school library that have matching Vocabulary Practice Quizzes.
Labels measure 57 mm x 99.1 mm.
The title, author, quiz number, ATOS book level (or Lexile® Measure), fiction/non-fiction classification (F or NF) and interest level are printed on the labels. The vocabulary words for the quiz are also printed on the label along with the year level for each word.
To print labels for your books, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, click Accelerated Reader; then, click Reports in the menu that opens.
- On the Reports page, click Quiz Management.
- On the Select a Quiz Management Report page, if necessary, choose a school from the School drop-down list.
- Click Labels-Vocabulary List in the list of reports.
- You can choose to print labels for all Vocabulary Practice Quizzes or just some that you will select. Click one of the options. If you choose All, go on to step 6.
If you choose to print labels for just some of the quizzes, follow these steps:
- To search by title, author or quiz number, choose a search method from the drop-down list. Then, type all or part of the information. Note: If you have chosen to search by Title exact match, Author exact match or Quiz number, you must type the exact information in the field.
If you do not want to search by title, author or quiz number, skip this step.
Click More Criteria if you want to narrow your search by ATOS book level (or Lexile® Measure), points, quiz installation date, fiction/non-fiction classification, interest levels or quiz language. Then, use the fields and the drop-down lists to enter the criteria you want used in the search. Notes: ATOS Book level ranges from 0.1 to 20.0 and Lexile® Measure ranges from BR to 1800. If you want to search for a single book level or installation date, enter the same information in both fields.
If you do not want to search by book level, installation date, fiction/non-fiction classification or interest level, skip this step.
On the right side of the page, the program displays the list of Vocabulary Practice Quizzes that matched your search criteria. If there are more quizzes in the list than are allowed on one page, click Next >> or << Previous to move through the list. (This automatically adds anything that you have ticked.)
If you want to print a label for every quiz in the list, click << Add All at the bottom of the page (you may need to scroll down the page to see it). Then, go to step e.
Tick the boxes by the individual quizzes for which you want to print a vocabulary list label or if you want to print different quantities of labels for different quizzes. To select every quiz on the page, tick the box by the Quantity column heading at the top of the list.
If there are quizzes for which you want more than one label, type the number of vocabulary list labels you want to print in the Quantity column for each of those quizzes.
The number of vocabulary list labels that actually print for each quiz is the product of the quantity you enter on the Report Options page for all the quizzes and the quantity you enter on this page for each quiz you select. The number you enter on the Report Options page is the quantity of vocabulary list labels you want to print for every quiz you have chosen. The number you enter on this page allows you to change the quantity of vocabulary list labels that print for a particular quiz. For example, if you wanted to print two vocabulary list labels for every quiz you have chosen except one, and for that one quiz you needed to print six vocabulary list labels, you would enter "2" on the Report Options page. Then, on this page, you would enter "3" by the quiz for which you needed six vocabulary list labels (2 x 3 = 6).
Click < Add above the list on the right side of the page. All the Vocabulary Practice Quizzes you have chosen will be moved to the list on the left side of the page. This is the list of quizzes for which vocabulary list labels will print. Note: If you have some quizzes ticked and you click Next >> or << Previous, the selected quizzes are automatically moved to the list on the left - you do not have to click < Add.
Click Remove by the Vocabulary Practice Quiz in the list on the left side of the page for which you do not want to print vocabulary list labels to delete it from the list. Click Remove All to remove all the quizzes from the list on the left.
This list is sorted in the order you chose the quizzes. To sort it alphabetically by title, click the Title column heading.
Click Save when you have finished choosing the quizzes and marking the quantity of vocabulary list labels you want printed for each.
- Choose which book level to display on the report: ATOS or Lexile® Measure.
- Choose how many labels to print for each quiz. (See the tip in step c above to find out how this affects the quantity you may have chosen for individual quizzes.)
- Click one of the sort options to choose how to sort the labels (by quiz number, title or author). The labels print based on the sort order you choose.
- Use the Laser Labels option to identify the starting position for the labels that you are printing. Delete the existing number and type the starting position on the first page of labels. This is useful if you have already printed part of a page of labels and you need this print job to start somewhere other than in the first position in the upper left corner of the page. To help you decide which position number you need to use, the program displays a chart showing you the number of each position on a sheet of laser labels.
- Select View Report.
- As the program generates your report, you will see the Report Progress page. When the report is ready, it opens in Adobe Reader or your default PDF reader in the browser window or a separate window.
- Click Customise this Report to go back and choose different options for the report and generate it again.
- To select another report, click Select a Different Report.
You will need to check the margins and set-up for the labels in your computer's Print dialog box before printing to make sure that the labels will print properly. If you have trouble setting the margins properly, you can find more information on this in our Knowledge Base at http://support.renaissance.com/techkb/techkb/4214766e.asp.