Recorded Voice Quizzes
Recorded Voice Quizzes are Reading Practice Quizzes designed for emergent and beginning readers. If Recorded Voice Quizzes are installed, students can use the speakers on the computer (or headphones) to listen to a professional recording of each quiz question and the answer choices. Recorded Voice Quizzes can help you use Accelerated Reader more effectively and efficiently with your emergent and beginning readers. Because students hear the words as they appear on the screen, they can take the quizzes independently.
You can control how your students use Recorded Voice Quizzes with the Recorded Voice Preference.
To find your Recorded Voice Quizzes, do the following:
- On the Home page, select Accelerated Reader; then, select Manage Books and Quizzes.
- On the Manage Books and Quizzes page, if you have access to more than one school, use the School drop-down list to choose the school whose Reading Practice Quizzes you want to see.
- Select Reading Practice Quizzes.
- Select Filters next to the search field.
- Select the Audio Available filter.
- Tick Has recorded voice audio.
- Select Close to apply the filter.
All of your Reading Practice Quizzes with Recorded Voice will be listed. For each, notice the icon under the Quiz Type. Whenever you view Reading Practice Quizzes (whether you use the Audio Available filter or not), that icon identifies quizzes that have Recorded Voice available.