Transferring a Quiz Record from One Student to Another
If a student has accidentally taken a quiz while another student was logged in, you can transfer the quiz record to the correct student by following the steps below. You can transfer quiz records to another student in the same school, but not to a student in another school.
You can transfer Reading Practice Quizzes, Literacy Skills Quizzes and Vocabulary Practice Quizzes. You cannot transfer Second Try and Review Quizzes for vocabulary practice. Note that transferring records will affect the original student's total points and progress toward points targets.
Who can do this with standard capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
- On the Home page, choose Reading Dashboard under Dashboards and Reporting.
- Select Track Student Work. You may need to use the arrows to scroll to the right to see this view.
- On the Track Student Work page, most assignment types should already be selected. If you need to change the assignment types to Accelerated Reader quizzes only, select the first link.
To choose the class or group, select the second link. then, in the window that opens, choose the school, teacher, and class or group. In the last column, choose whether to see all students or to select specific students; if you choose "Select Students," check the students. Select Apply.
Make sure that School Year is the selected timeframe in the third link.
- Select the AR 360 Independent Practice plan on the Track Student Work page.
- Select the title of the quiz that you want to transfer.
- Select the score that you want to transfer to another student. Then, choose Transfer Activity.
You can also choose Transfer Activity when you select the student's name and then select the Complete status for the student's quiz.
- The quiz that you are transferring is shown at the top of the next page:
Choose the teacher and class of the student who should actually receive credit for the quiz. Then, choose the student.
- Select Transfer Activity at the bottom of the page.
A message will show you which students the activity is being transferred from and to. If you want to continue, select Yes. (If you need to make changes before transferring the activity, select No.)
You cannot transfer a quiz to a student who already has taken that quiz using his or her own user name and password. If the quiz record cannot be transferred to the student you chose, a message will tell you this.
- After you select Yes, a new message will tell you that the activity is being transferred and that the transfer may take a few minutes. Select OK.
When you return to the Transfer Student Work page, after a few minutes, the quiz record will be shown for the new student you selected instead of the original student. You will also see the change in the Accelerated Reader Record Book and in Accelerated Reader Reports.