Word Count Report
The Word Count Report can be found under the Reading Practice reports. It provides word count information for the Reading Practice Quizzes each student has taken within the reporting period.
For each student, the report shows the student's name, the Reading Practice Quizzes the student has passed and taken and the total word count for the passed quizzes. The report also shows totals for each group (or for all the students if you chose not to group them).
Students receive credit for all words in a title when they pass a Reading Practice Quiz.
To generate the report, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, click Accelerated Reader; then, click Reports in the menu that opens.
- On the Reports page, click Reading Practice.
- On the Select a Reading Practice Report page, if necessary, choose a school from the School drop-down list.
- Click Word Count in the list of Additional Reading Practice Reports.
- Select the report options. You can choose the following:
Select View Report.
As the program generates your report, you will see the Report Progress page. When the report is ready, it opens in Adobe Reader or your default PDF reader in the browser window or a separate window.
- Which classes or students to include
- Which reporting parameter group to use (this allows you to include students by enrolment date, ethnicity, gender, language, characteristics and/or year)
- Which time period to include (a predefined or custom date range)
- Whether to sort by student name, word count (highest to lowest) or word count (lowest to highest)
- Whether to group information on the report (do not group or group by class)
- Whether to only include information on quizzes taken for the classes included in the report (this option is available only if you have chosen to group the information)
- Whether to place a page break after each group (this option is available only if you have chosen to group the information)
- Whether to print the selected report options on the report
- Click Customise this Report to go back and choose different options for the report and generate it again.
- To select another report, click Select a Different Report.