Words Learned Report
The Words Learned Report can be found under the Vocabulary Practice reports. It provides a summary of the vocabulary words that a student has learned within the reporting period.
For each student, the report shows the total number of words the student learned, total number of words it was possible for the student to learn, the number of quizzes taken and the average year level of the words that were learned. For each student, the report also lists the words that the student learned and the year level for each word. Words that were given in review (first-try review words and second-try review words), words that appeared on more than one quiz and words that have multiple definitions are all marked. The report has a summary for each student that shows statistics for each type of word that was presented to the student (first-try new words, second-try new words, first-try review words and second-try review words).
To generate the report, follow these steps:
- On the Home page, click Accelerated Reader; then, click Reports in the menu that opens.
- On the Reports page, click Vocabulary Practice.
- On the Select a Vocabulary Practice Report page, if necessary, choose a school from the School drop-down list.
- Click Words Learned in the list of reports.
- Select the report options. You can choose the following:
Select View Report.
As the program generates your report, you will see the Report Progress page. When the report is ready, it opens in Adobe Reader or your default PDF reader in the browser window or a separate window.
- Which classes or students to include
- Which reporting parameter group to use (this allows you to include students by enrolment date, ethnicity, gender, language, characteristics and/or year)
- Which time period to include (a predefined or custom date range)
- How to sort the information (by year or by word)
- Whether to group information on the report (do not group or group by class)
- Whether to display the student ID on the report (ID hidden by default)
- Whether to include a page break after each student
- Whether to print the selected report options on the report
- Click Customise this Report to go back and choose different options for the report and generate it again.
- To select another report, click Select a Different Report.
Students can see their learned words when they log in.