Advanced Search allows you to search based on a book or article title, author, ISBN, publisher, quiz released date, quiz type, interest level, ATOS book level, topics, subtopics and classification (fiction and non-fiction, fiction or non-fiction).
Note: You do not have to complete every field to do an Advanced Search.
Use the Additional Criteria drop-down lists to choose Topics and Subtopics and Classification (Fiction and Non-fiction, Fiction or Non-fiction).
- Select Advanced Search.
- Type the title, author, series, publisher or ISBN (International Standard Book Number) into the blank fields.
- Use the Quiz Released drop-down list to choose the quiz release date: Any Time (default), the past 7, 15, 30, 60, 90 or 180 days.
- Choose a Quiz Type from the drop-down list: Any Quiz Type (default), Reading Practice, Recorded Voice, Vocabulary Practice or Literacy Skills.
- Choose the Interest Level.
- After you select an interest level, you can enter the ATOS Book Level.
Topics and subtopics are categories assigned by Renaissance. You must choose a topic before you can choose a subtopic. You can view topics and subtopics from either the Advanced Search page or on the left side of search results, under "Topic."
Some special topics are:
From the Sort drop-down list, select Title (default), Author, Interest Level, Book Level or Rating.
- Award Winners list used for this topic is larger than the list of awards shown in the Collections tab, which lists some of the most commonly referenced award lists, but not all.
- myON Books are books that are available in myON Reader. Renaissance myON Reader is a student-centered, personalised literacy platform that offers unlimited access to enhanced digital books.
- Non-fiction Articles are articles available to students in Renaissance software. Students can select and read these articles and then take a quiz.
- Reading Promotions lists collections from reading promotions.
- Series groups books that are part of a series. Both general and specific series are included.
- What Kids Are Reading lists the books found in Renaissance Learning's annual publication, What Kids Are Reading. To see the titles in rank order or to simply learn more about this exciting report, please visit: http://whatkidsarereading.co.uk/
- Title and Author: Alphabetical (A to Z). You cannot reverse the order (Z to A). Author sort is by author's last name.
- Interest Level: Lower year levels are listed first.
- Book Level: The lowest book levels are listed first.
Review your search criteria choices and select Search.
When students finish taking an Accelerated Reader Reading Practice quiz for a book, they may vote to say how they liked the book. The rating is calculated from all student votes (nationwide) for the past twelve months and is updated weekly. Possible ratings are: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, and 4 stars. The highest possible rating is 4 stars. If the book has not been rated, this field will say "Not yet rated."
If necessary, select Clear Form to return to the default settings and start over.
The Search Results page will open.
Next, you can: