A teacher list is created in Accelerated Reader Bookguide to share the availability of books and quizzes in a class. Your school may or may not use Accelerated Reader Bookguide.
To access teacher lists in Accelerated Reader Bookfinder, you must use the keycode printed in the informational letter that was sent home with students to give to their parents or guardians.
- Type the keycode and select Go.
- Select the list that you would like to view.
To sort the lists, select any one of the column headings: Name (of the teacher list), Last Updated, Title Count (number of books) and Teacher Notes.
Working with teacher lists
Add book titles from the teacher list to the AR BookBag
Sort the teacher list
To change the way the teacher list is organised, from the Sort By drop-down list, select Title, Author, Interest Level, Book Level or Rating.
- Title and Author: Alphabetical (A to Z). You cannot reverse the order (Z to A). Author sort is by author's last name.
- Interest Level: Lower year levels are listed first.
- Book Level: The lowest book levels are listed first.
When students finish taking an Accelerated Reader Reading Practice quiz for a book, they may vote to say how they liked the book.
The star rating is calculated from all student votes (nationwide) for the past twelve months. It is updated weekly. Possible ratings are: 1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5 and 4 stars.
If the book has not been rated, this field will say "Not yet rated".
Search for specific titles in the teacher list.
- Type keywords into the blank Keywords field.
- Select Go.
Move between the pages of the teacher list (if there are multiple pages).
- Select Next and Previous, or, to go to a specific page, type the page number after Go to Page, and select Go.
Print the teacher list to PDF
For best performance, print jobs are limited to 1,000 titles or fewer.
- Select Print (near the upper-right corner of the list).
- Choose whether you want images of the book covers to print along with the book information.
- Choose how you want your list to be sorted: Title (default), Author Last Name, AR Quiz Number or ATOS Book Level.
Choose whether or not to include the locations of the books on the teacher list.
Select View Report to generate a PDF. The PDF report generates. When it is ready, the report will open in a browser window or a separate window. Save or print the PDF.
When you have finished, select Return to Teacher Lists or Return to AR BookBag.
- Title and Author Last Name: Alphabetical (A to Z). You cannot reverse the order (Z to A).
- AR Quiz Number: Lower number quizzes are listed first.
- ATOS Book Level: The lowest book levels are listed first. For more information, see Levels: Book, Interest and Reading.