Book and Quiz Lists
To see all available lists, on the Home page click List Management.
A list is made up of items you have added from the Search Results. See Searching for Books and Quizzes for information on searching. You can use lists to inventory the books or quizzes you have or to create reading lists for students.
You can also choose to make your lists available in Accelerated Reader Bookfinder by making them Teacher Lists. Accelerated Reader Bookfinder is a web-based search tool that parents, guardians and students can use to search for Accelerated Reader book titles.
Creating a List and Adding Titles
- On the Home page click List Management.
- To create a list, click Create List.
- In the blank List Name field, type the name of your list.
- If necessary, enter additional information in the blank Comment field (up to 90 characters).
- Tick Create Teacher List to make the list a Teacher List for Accelerated Reader Bookfinder.
A star in the list management table indicates that a list is a Teacher List and that it is available in Accelerated Reader Bookfinder when the user enters the Keycode.
- Click Save. Your new list becomes the Active List under the Lists tab.
- To search for titles to add to your list, click Search.
- Type your search term in the black Search field. Press Enter or click Search. (You can also select Advanced Search.)
If you want to add all of the books listed in your search to your list, click Add All Results to List (just above the results). The books will be added to the book list that is selected in the drop-down list next to the Add Selected Titles to List button.
To add all of the books listed on this page of your search to the active or selected book list, tick the Select box (at the top of the list). If your search results are split into multiple pages, you need to repeat this for each page.
To add individual books, tick the box in the Select column in front of each book title.
Click Show More Details above the book titles to display some additional information on each book. Click Show Fewer Details to reduce the information displayed.
For detailed information about a book, click the book title or the book jacket. The Book Details page opens. You can click Print Book Details to print book information.
If you have many results, they will be split into multiple pages. Use the arrows just above the search results to go to the next page , the previous page , the last page of results or the first page of results .
- Click Add Selected Titles to List. The rows of titles added to your list turn grey with a blue star appearing in the On List column.
- After you have added titles, you can review your list by selecting Lists at the top of the page.
- You can either select the name of the list in the table or select Active List toward the top of the page.
- You will see the books that have been added to the list.
To remove a title from the list, tick it and click Remove from List.
Click Legend to see a definition of the Quiz Type symbols that appear in your list.
Viewing Your Book Lists
Once you create book lists, you can follow these steps to view them.
- If you are on the Home page, select List Management
If you are searching, select Lists at the top of the page.
- You will see a list of the book lists that you have created.
By default, these lists are sorted by title. You can click the column headings to sort the lists by the number of titles (Title Count), the date they were last changed (Last Edited), the person who created the list (Creator) or comments that you have entered (Comments).
- To see the titles that are on a list (and to make changes if necessary), select the list name. (If you want to work with the Active List), you can also select Active List at the top of the page.)
Changing the Order of Titles While Viewing a Book List
As you view the titles in a book list, you can re-sort the titles.
By default, the titles are sorted alphabetically by title. If you click Title again at the top of the column, the titles will be sorted from Z to A instead of A to Z.
In the same column, you can choose to sort books by Author or Quiz Number (Quiz No.). As with the Title option, clicking Author again will sort from Z to A (by last name) instead of A to Z. Clicking Quiz No again will sort books from biggest to smallest quiz number.
You can also click the other column headings to sort books by interest level, book level or the number of points students can earn for taking a Reading Practice Quiz.
Editing and Deleting a List
While viewing the table of your book lists (see "Viewing Your Books Lists" above), click the list you want to edit or delete.
On your Active List page, if you need to edit the name or comment for your list, click Rename.
To delete your list, click Delete.
You can only delete lists that you created. If your name is not shown after "Creator", the list is not yours. To view all of your lists, go to the List Management page. To sort the Lists by the name of the person who created the list, click Creator. Scroll to your name.
Click Activate Teacher List to make this list available to school personnel, parents and teachers who are using your Keycode in Accelerated Reader Bookfinder. If you decide not to make it available after you have activated it, select Deactivate Teacher List.
Export a List
- While viewing the table of your book lists (see "Viewing Your Book Lists" above), click the list you want to export.
- Click Export to export your list. See Exporting.
Print a List
If you are viewing the table of your book lists, select the Book List or Book Labels button to the right.
If you are viewing the titles in a book list, select the Book List or Book Labels link to the right.
For more information, see Book List Report, Book Label Report or Reports.
See Merging Lists for details.