You can import CSV (comma-separated value) files that include lists of the books you own.
Follow these steps to import your files into Accelerated Reader Bookguide.
On the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Home page, click Imports.
On the Imports tab, under Select an Import Type, click CSV File.
- On the next page, click Browse or Choose File to find and select the file that you want to import. Then, click Open.
- Imports can take some time if the files are large. If you want to receive an email when the import has finished, tick Send email notification when complete. Then, enter the email address below that tick box.
- Select a book location from the Choose Book Location drop-down list. This is the location that will be assigned to the book records that you are importing.
If the location that you want to select is not in the drop-down list, click Add new location and enter the name of the new location; then, click Save.
- Next, choose whether to create a list of the book information you are importing.
You can use this list to print book labels and/or a book list for the imported books.
If you want to create a list as part of the import, tick Create New List from Results of import. (The box is ticked as the default.) If you tick the box, do the following:
- Enter a name for the list in the List Name field, using a name that you will recognize later. The default list name is your email address_date of the import_time of the import.
- Enter any comments or notes about the list in the Comments field.
- Tick Only include books that are not marked as Owned already to exclude any books from the list that you have already marked owned in Accelerated Reader Bookguide. This box is ticked by default.
When Accelerated Reader Bookguide matches books in the import file to books that you have already marked as Owned, it uses three criteria in the order listed:
- ISBN (International Standard Book Number)
- LCCN (Library of Congress Control Number)
- Title and author's last name
To include every book being imported in the list, do not tick "Only include books that are marked as Owned already".
To import the file, click Request Import. (If you want to return to the Imports tab without importing a file, click Cancel instead.)
You may see a scroll bar, indicating the import is taking place. You will not see a scroll bar if the import occurs overnight.
After the import, the Import page opens to show you whether the import was uploaded successfully. You may also receive an email indicating that the import succeeded or failed.
If you want to print a report of the import, select Print Results; then, see Checking Import History and Printing Results.
To import more files, click Done to go back to Imports tab.
To view your Import status/history, go to the Accelerated Reader Bookguide Home page; then, click Imports. In the Import History table, click the import that you want to view.
Since imports can take some time to upload, you may want to wait a while before checking your import history. You can be notified via email when the import process is complete.
After trying to import a file of the wrong type, you will get a message telling you that your file type was invalid. Try importing again with a correct file type.
If while trying to import you receive a message saying "System Error Occurred", click Try Again to have the program try importing the same file over again.
If you do not want to try again and want to return to the Imports tab, click Cancel. If you still have problems, contact Renaissance technical support for more help at email@example.com.