Star Early Literacy - Monitor Password Preference
How do I get to this page?
- Log in to Renaissance Place.
- On the Home page, select Star Early Literacy.
- Select Preferences.
- On the Preferences page, select Edit at the end of the Monitor Password row.
Who can do this with default capabilities?
- School Network Administrators: any class or group in any school in the school network
- School Administrators: any class or group in their school
- Teachers: any of their own classes or groups
The setting of this preference determines what the monitor password is, if one is required. (The Password Requirement Preference determines whether the monitor password is required before students can begin taking a test.) The monitor password is always required when you stop a test.
Select the shaded section of the "Setting for..." sentence to choose which classes or groups you want to set the Monitor Password Preference for .
In the window that opens, select a school in the Schools column . (The preference can only be set for one school at a time. School administrators and teachers who are only assigned to one school will not need to select a school.)
In the Classes and Groups column , you have two options:
- Choose All Classes and Groups to apply the same preference setting to all classes and groups that are listed.
- Choose Select Classes and Groups if you want to set this preference only for specific classes and groups in this list. Select the classes and groups you want the preference to apply to .
You can search the items in a column by clicking within that column and then typing Ctrl+F or control-F on the keyboard.
Select Apply to apply your choices, or Cancel to close this window without saving your changes.
The classes and groups you chose will be listed on the page, and described in the "Setting for..." sentence.
For each class or group, enter the password you want that class or group to use in the field in the Monitor Password column .
When you have finished making your changes, select Save Changes to save them (you will see a confirmation message once your changes have been saved). You can also select Undo Changes to undo your changes to the preference setting.
Select Back at the top of the page to return to the Preferences page when you are done.
The setting of the Monitor Password Preference affects all of these programs; changing it in one program changes it for all of them:
- Star Early Literacy
- Star Maths
- Star Reading