Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Diagnostic—Class Report may be temporarily unavailable. Although you can select report options, if you select View Report to generate the report, a message may tell you that the report is not available. For more information, see Renaissance Report Updates.
This report provides diagnostic information about a class' early literacy skills. It provides a table showing the students classified by Skill Set Score for each skill and Skill Set Score range.
- Select Star Early Literacy on the Home page, then select Reports.
- Select your school from the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- On the Select Report page, select Diagnostic - Class.
- Select the options you want to customise for this report on the Report Options page. When you customise this report, you can choose these options:
Use the drop-down list to choose all classes or all the students in a specific class or select Students or Classes to search for and choose specific students or classes.
If you choose to select specific students or classes, tick the ones you want to include, then select Save Selection to return to the Report Options page.
Choose the time period that you want the report to cover.
- To choose a marking period or school year, use the Predefined Date Range drop-down list.
- To specify a different time period, choose Custom Dates. Then type the start and end dates for the time period in the appropriate blank fields. (You can also select the calendar buttons to choose the dates instead.)
Choose whether to group students on the reports by class, year, teacher or not grouped.
Choose whether to include students' weaknesses (scores below 25 or from 25–49), their strengths (scores from 50–75 or above 75) or both.
Use this option to print a list of the options you have chosen on the report. If you decide to run the report again at a later date, you can refer to this list of options to make sure you are using the same ones.
- When you have finished choosing options, select View Report.
- Star Early Literacy will generate the report. When it is ready, the report will open in Adobe Reader, or your default PDF reader.