Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
This report shows the test results for the students you have selected and measures their progress between two testing sessions.
Only students with more than one test appear on this report.
If a student takes two tests on the same day, only the last one will appear on this report.
The teacher shown on the report is the teacher most recently assigned to the class, not necessarily the teacher of the class at the time the student took the tests.
You can use this report to evaluate students' improvement during the year or over a span of many years. For each student, the report includes each student's name, age, test date, Scaled Score (SS), Estimated Oral Reading Fluency (Est. ORF), Sub-domain Scores and Literacy Classification (reading development stage). It also provides the average scores for the entire group of students.
- Select Star Early Literacy on the Home page, then select Reports.
- Select your school from the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- On the Select Report page, select Growth.
- Select the options you want to customise for this report on the Report Options page. When you customise this report, you can choose these options:
Use the drop-down list to choose all classes or all the students in a specific class or select Students or Classes to search for and choose specific students or classes.
If you choose to select specific students or classes, tick the ones you want to include, then select Save Selection to return to the Report Options page.
Reporting Parameter Group
For each reporting period, you can use either a marking period that has been set up by a school network administrator/school administrator for your school, or you can set your own range by choosing a starting and ending date.
- Date ranges for pretest and posttest reporting periods cannot overlap.
Choose whether to include all details or only the summary.
- If you choose only the summary, you will see the means for all students but not the detailed information for each individual student.
- When you choose to include only the summary, the Sort By option is not available.
Choose whether to group students on the reports by class, year, teacher or not grouped.
Choose whether to sort students by last name or ID.
Use this option to print a list of the options you have chosen on the report. If you decide to run the report again at a later date, you can refer to this list of options to make sure you are using the same ones.
- When you have finished choosing options, select View Report .
- Star Early Literacy will generate the report. When it is ready, the report will open in Adobe Reader, or your default PDF reader.