Editing or Creating Groups
Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
Students can be placed in groups so that certain reports can be created just for the students in that group. A student can belong to more than one group.
Teachers can only edit groups that they created or that they are assigned to.
- Click Star Maths on the Home page, then click Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention.
- If necessary, use the School drop-down list to choose which school's groups you want to work with.
- In the grey sidebar on the left side of the page, click Manage Groups .
- On the Manage Groups page:
- click Create Group to create a new group, or
- click Edit in the row for an existing group to edit that group.
- On the Edit Group page or Create Group page, enter or update the following information for the group:
- The name of the group .
- The personnel assigned to the group. You can choose a single person from the Personnel drop-down list or click Select Multiple Personnel to assign more than one personnel member to the group.
- The programs the group will be used with . Star Maths will already be ticked. If there are other programs that can use this group, they will be listed here; tick the boxes for them if you want to use this group for those programs as well.
- You can type a short description of the group in the Description field if you wish (optional).
If you are editing an existing group, the school cannot be changed. If you are creating a new group, the school you chose on the Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention page will be pre-selected as the school this group belongs to. If you need to create the group for a different school, click Cancel, then Done, and use the School drop-down list on the Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention page to choose the correct school, and then click Manage Groups and Create Group again.
- To save the new group (or the changes you have made to an existing group), click Save . To leave this page without saving any changes, click Cancel .