Instructional Planning - Student Report
Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
The Instructional Planning - Student Report provides teachers with a list of suggested skills for individual instruction based on a student's most recent Star Reading assessment. (The Instructional Planning - Class Report does this for classes or groups.) Depending on the setting of the Lexile® Measures Preference, the Lexile® Measure may also be shown.
- Select Star Reading on the Home page, then select Reports.
- Select your school from the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- On the Select Report page, select Instructional Planning - Student.
- Select the options you want to customise for this report on the Report Options page. When you customise this report, you can choose these options:
Use the drop-down list to choose all the students in a specific class or select Students or Classes to choose specific students or classes.
- When selecting specific students, you will see a list of all students enrolled in Star Reading classes. Tick each student you want on the report or tick the Student box at the top of the column to select all of them.
- When selecting specific classes, you will see a list of all Star Reading classes. Tick each class you want on the report or tick the Class box at the top of the column to select all of them.
Once the desired students or classes have been selected and saved, you will return to the Report Options page.
Choose which benchmark will be used for report calculations: the School Benchmark, the School Network Benchmark or the England KS2 SATs.
"England KS2 SATs" is one possible name for the benchmark. If the benchmark has been customised for other areas, the name may be different but the procedures described here will remain the same.
The Show Projected Growth option predicts how much growth you can expect from students by a target date based on their Star Reading assessments to date. Use this option to choose your target date:
- End of Year: This is the default setting, which uses the last day of your Renaissance Place school year as the date.
- Custom Date: Enter a date in the blank field or use the calendar button to choose one.
- Do not show: The projected growth will not be included on the report.
Choose whether to use the trend score or the student's actual Scaled Score from the most recent test to determine the student's suggested skills.
Use this option to print a list of the options you have chosen on the report. If you decide to run the report again at a later date, you can refer to this list of options to make sure you are using the same ones.
- When you have finished choosing options, select View Report.
- Star Reading will generate the report. When it is ready, the report will open in Adobe Reader or your default PDF reader.