Taking a Star Reading Test on a Computer
Step 1: You or your teacher should enter the web address (URL) for Renaissance Place.
Step 2: On the Welcome to Renaissance Place page, click I am a Student.
Step 3: Do you remember your user name?
Enter your user name and password and click Log In.
Ask the teacher for help or:
- Click Forgot Your User Name?
- If the name of the school shown is not the name of your school, click change school now, click the name of your school and then click Next >.
- Type in all or part of your name and click Search.
- Click your name in the list that appears. If your name is not on the list, click < Back and try typing in all or part of your name again or ask your teacher for help.
- Click your name and your user name will be filled in for you. Type in your password and click Log In.
Step 4: Click Star Reading, then click Take a Test.
Step 5: Does the program ask you if you are inside your school building?
Select No if you are not in your school building, Yes if you are or Skip if you do not want to answer this question. Then go ahead to Step 6.
Step 6: Does the program ask you which class you want to use?
Click the name of the class you are in right now. Ask the teacher if you are not sure which one to click. Then go to the next step.
Step 7: Click Start. Does the program ask for an authorisation password?
The teacher has to enter a password before you can begin taking the test. Once the password is entered, go to the next step.
Step 8: If you have not taken a Star Reading test in the past 180 days, you will be given a few practice questions. (If you have taken a Star Reading test in the past 180 days, you will not get any practice questions—go ahead to the next step.) Answer the questions just like you would for a test. A clock will flash on the screen when you are almost out of time to answer a question.
- If you pass the practice test, the test will begin—go ahead to the next step.
- If you do not pass the practice test, the program will tell you to ask the teacher for help.
Step 9: The test begins. Answer all the questions just like you did for the practice test.
- Remember that the flashing clock on the screen means you are almost out of time for the question you are working on.
- The teacher cannot help you with the questions during the test, but the teacher can stop the test for you if necessary.
Step 10: When you have finished the test, the program will tell you that the test is over. Click OK, and the computer will log you out of the program so another student can take the test.