Test Record Report
Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff, Teachers
This report shows individual student results for every test taken during the time period you chose. This report is the easiest way to get a detailed look at a student's test history. For each test, the report includes the test date, class, teacher, Normed Referenced Standardised Score (NRSS), Percentile Rank (PR) and Percentile Rank Range, Reading Age (RA), Scaled Score (SS) and Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) scores.
Depending on the setting of the Lexile® Measures preference, you may see the Lexile® Measure and the Lexile® Range on the report as well.
The report will indicate if historical data is included.
Teachers typically will not see tests from previous classes and school years, but administrators can grant them the capability to do this. School network administrators and school administrators will see all tests for a student unless this capability has been taken away.
The report will indicate if any students took a test using extended time limits with a footnote explanation.
- Click Star Reading on the Home page, then click Reports to begin printing the report.
- Select your school from the School drop-down list, if necessary.
- Click Test Record on the Select Report page.
- Select the options you want to customise for this report on the Report Options page. When you customise this report, you can choose these options:
Use the drop-down list to choose all the students in a specific year, or click Students, Classes or Groups to choose specific students, classes or groups.
- When selecting specific students, you will see a checklist of all students enroled in Star Reading classes. Tick each student you want on the report, or tick the Student box at the top of the column to select all of them.
- When selecting specific classes, you will see a checklist of all Star Reading classes. Tick each class you want on the report, or tick the Class box at the top of the column to select all of them.
- When selecting specific groups, you will see a checklist of all student groups in Star Reading classes. Tick each group you want on the report, or tick the Group box at the top of the column to select all of them.
Once the desired students, classes or groups have been selected and saved, you will return to the Report Options page.
Reporting Parameter Group
The Test Record Report shows data from a specific time period. You can use either a marking period that has been set up by a school network administrator/school administrator for your school, or you can set your own range by choosing a starting and ending date.
If student IDs are included in the Renaissance Place database, you can choose to have them included on this report.
Use this option to start each student's report on a new page.
- Click View Report when you have finished choosing options.
- Star Reading will generate the report. When it is ready, the report will open in Adobe Reader, or your default PDF reader.