Editing School Cut Scores
Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff, School Administrators, School Staff
Editing school cut scores allows you to change the default values of the Percentile Rank (PR) scores used as benchmarks. Each school can set its own values for the school cut scores.
- Click Star Reading on the Home page, then click Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention.
- Select a school from the School drop-down list . Then, click View Benchmarks in the grey sidebar .
If you cannot click View Benchmarks, the selected school does not have any screening dates. Make sure you see the name of the school you want to work with in the School drop-down list.
- In the top section of the View Benchmarks page, click the School tab .
- Click Edit Cut Scores .
- On the Edit School Cut Scores page, use the drop-down lists in the row for a year to change the PR values that define the categories for that year. The values must be in ascending order from left to right.
There can be from 2–5 categories for school benchmarks (the default number is 4). The values for some categories are automatically calculated based on the scores you choose for the other categories.In this example (where 4 categories are used), On Watch is automatically calculated as the range of scores between Intervention and At/Above Benchmark. The category that is automatically calculated changes depending on the number of categories used.
The PR values for the categories (along with their default names) are shown here.
- Click Save to save the changes you have made. To exit this page without saving your changes, click Cancel .