Setting a Default Benchmark: School Network Administrators and School Network Staff
Who can do this with default capabilities?
School Network Administrators, School Network Staff
The default benchmark is the benchmark that is used throughout Star Reading. In some places (such as the Screening Report options), you are allowed to choose different benchmarks to use—if no choice is made in these situations, the default benchmark will be used.
School network administrators and school network staff can either choose the default benchmark (which will apply to all schools in the school network) or allow school administrators and school staff to choose their own benchmark, which will only apply in their own school.
- Click Star Reading on the Home page, then click Screening, Progress Monitoring & Intervention.
- Select a school from the School drop-down list . Then, click View Benchmarks in the grey sidebar .
If you cannot click View Benchmarks, the selected school does not have any screening dates. Make sure you see the name of the school you want to work with in the School drop-down list.
- On the View Benchmarks page, click Edit Default Benchmark .
- On the Set Default Benchmark page, if you want to let school administrators choose which benchmark to use as the default benchmark in their own school, click Allow school administrators to set .
If you want to choose the default benchmark yourself, click Apply the following to all schools , and then choose one of the benchmarks listed to serve as the default:
- School benchmarks: Each school will use its own school benchmark as the default.
- School network benchmark: The school network benchmark will be the default for all schools.
- To save your changes, click Save . To leave this page without saving changes, click Cancel .