How do I merge my existing Freckle pupils with admin-managed ones?
As an existing Freckle teacher whose school enabled bulk-roster integration, you must merge your old pupils with the new ones downloaded into your class list from your SIS.
Note that, while technically you are not mandated to perform the merge between your SIS pupils and the Freckle ones right away, it is strongly recommended you do that as early as you can to avoid confusion while using Freckle.
- Log in: Log in at classroom.freckle.com. You can also log into your teacher account from your bulk-roster dashboard now if you so prefer.
- Start the merge flow: If this is your first login, you will be presented with the pupil merger screen.
This page will be your default home page until the merger is completed. You can always go back to this page by selecting the Freckle logo in the upper-left corner of the page.
- Merge one pupil at a time: Choose how to merge each pupil in your existing sections. Pick an unmerged pupil and use the drop-down list to the right to select what to do with the pupil:
Note that this drop-down list gives you as much context as possible on which pupil you are merging into, e.g. section and year, in case you have multiple pupils with the same name.
- Pick a recommended merging target from the "Suggested Matches from..." section.
- Do not merge the pupil—there is no match for this pupil in the pupils synced from the SIS.
- Manually pick a pupil if the suggestion section was not able to recommend the correct pupil to you.
- Complete merging current section: Once you are done picking a merge option for each pupil, you can complete the merger by selecting Merge pupils.
- Complete merging all sections: Repeat steps 3 and 4 for other sections if you have more than one.
The merged pupils will need to log in with their SIS-assigned first name, surname and a NEW class code. All three can be found on the Class List page of the Teacher Home.