How do I merge my existing Freckle pupils with admin-managed ones?
As an existing Freckle teacher whose school enabled bulk-roster integration, you must merge your old pupils with the new ones downloaded into your class list from your SIS.
Note that, while technically you are not mandated to perform the merge between your SIS pupils and the Freckle ones right away, it is strongly recommended you do that as early as you can to avoid confusion while using Freckle.
Log in: Log in at classroom.freckle.com. You can also log into your teacher account from your bulk-roster dashboard now if you so prefer.
- Start the merge flow: If this is your first login, you will be presented with the pupil merger screen. Pupils who have suggested merges will be gathered together and shown with a yellow background:
Note: This page will be your default home page until the merger is completed. You can always go back to this page by selecting the Freckle logo in the upper-left corner of the page.
- To merge all of the pupils with their suggested matches, select Confirm.
- You can also double-check the merges for one or more pupils by selecting their suggested match and then either:
After making one of these adjustments for all the pupils who need it, perform the merge by selecting Confirm.
- confirming the suggestion is good (by leaving it as-is),
- electing not to merge the pupil with anyone (by selecting the Don't merge... option) or
- scrolling down the list of all pupils and selecting a different pupil to merge with.
- To merge a pupil who is not in the list of mergeable pupils, select the gear on the right end of the row, and then select Merge with a district-managed pupil.
The background for the pupil will turn yellow, and there will be a Select Pupil drop-down list in their row. Use the drop-down to either:
After making one of these choices, perform the merge by selecting Confirm.
- elect not to merge the pupil with anyone (by selecting the Don't merge... option), or
- scroll down the list of all pupils and select a different pupil to merge with.
Pupils should be logging in through Renaissance. If the district did a CSV upload, then pupils will log in to classroom.freckle.com with their class code, first name and surname exactly as they are listed in the class list.