Freckle Implementation Ideas
Using Freckle for Homework
Logging in at home is easy. Pupils can access adaptive practice and tasks at any time with their classroom code and access to a computer.
Set expectations with parents
- If you plan to have your pupils use Freckle at home, send communication to parents/guardians describing the program and providing log-in instructions.
- Pupils will need their classroom code to access Freckle. Many teachers write this on pupil folders, task notebooks or laminated log-in cards to ensure it is always handy. Pupils can also access Freckle using QR codes at the log-in page.
- For pupils without computer access at home: Access our Printables collection to print out differentiated worksheets to send home.
Use Freckle adaptive practice or targeted practice
- Ensure pupils spend their time in a meaningful way by assigning or free choice:
- Try Tasks First Mode under Your Account and/or edit pupil dashboard settings on the Class List Page
Monitor pupil progress
- You can track pupil progress by using the "Task Report" and share with parents using the "Report Card."
- Leverage reports as an accountability feature for the pupils to ensure they were working on the correct practice mode/task.