How do I reset a pupil’s work in a particular maths domain?
If you want to change a pupil's maths level, use the Maths Levels Report instead of using the reset function described below.
Resetting a pupil domain can be necessary in certain situations. However, before you reset a pupil's work on a given domain, please note that once you reset a domain, you will lose all data and progress on that domain permanently. For this reason, we only recommend resetting a domain if something drastic happened.
Examples of when you should reset a domain:
- Pupil received help on the diagnostic and was placed at too high of a level
- A pupil worked on the wrong account by accident and drastically changed the level of that pupil
- A pupil did not try on the diagnostic and was placed at a very low level
- A pupil was given too much support by their parent/peer/teacher and is now working well above their actual ability level
Examples of when you should not reset a domain:
- Pupil is struggling on a given concept
- Pupil is getting frustrated because they are answering questions incorrectly
- Pupil is working on concepts you have not yet taught in class (this is completely normal)
Here is how the reset domain button works:
- Log on to Freckle.
- Once on your Teacher Home, select Class List in the left navigation bar.
- Find the pupil who needs their domain reset.
- At the end of the row for the pupil's name, select the gear icon and select Reset pupil options.
The reset button will only appear for pupils who have practised on Freckle.
- Select which domain needs to be reset in the drop-down list. Be very careful to select the correct domain—wiping the wrong domain cannot be reversed!
Resetting a pupil's maths step
You can set a desired math step for individual students within a domain from the Maths Steps report.
- Log on to Freckle.
- Once on your Teacher Home, select Reports in the left navigation bar.
- Select Maths, then select the Maths Steps report.
- Select the blue arrow next to a domain to expand it.
- Find the pupil who needs their maths step set.
- At the end of the row for the pupil's name, select Edit (for pupils who have practice data/current step) or Set (for pupils with no practice data/current step).
- In the pop-up window, select the maths step you want for the pupil, then select Update Step Data.