How to Assign Students to Your Class (Teacher)
Teachers follow these steps to assign students to their class in myON. These steps are also helpful when a new student joins a class.
If you need to assign students from another school to your class, and you do not have access to students from that school, ask that school's School Administrator or the Group Administrator to assign one of the students to your class. After one student from that school has been assigned to your class, you can add other students from that school yourself.
- From the main page (dashboard), click Classroom, then Students.
- On the left side of the page, click Assign under "My Classes".
- In the window that opens, on the left, you will see a list of the students who are already in your class. If you want to remove a student from your class, hover over the student's name, then select the X.
On the right, the tabs give you different ways to find students that you want to add to the class:
- On the Search tab, you can use the search field to search for students in the school by name, ID or user name. Matching students will be listed as you type. To add one, hover over the student's name, then select + next to the student's name; to add all students in the results, tick Select All under the list.
- On the School tab, use the drop-down list to choose a specific school that you want to add students from. To add one of the students to the class, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, tick Select All under the list.
If you need to add a student from another school that is not listed, contact the School Administrator for that school to gain access. After the School Administrator adds one student from that school to your class, you will be able to select the school and add other students yourself.
- On the Year tab, use the drop-down list to select a year. To add one of the students to the class, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, tick Select All under the list.
The Classes/Groups tab is not used for adding students to the class since it shows students who are already there.
On all tabs, students that you add to the class are shown as "Added" in the list on the left. As you search for students in the tabs, students who were in the class before you selected Assign are marked "Already included" (see Stella Brooks in the last example above).
When you have finished adding or removing students, select Apply in the bottom right corner of the window.
The changes you made will be reflected in your class list.