How to Edit Groups and Classes (School Administrator)
School Administrators follow the steps below to add or remove a student from a teacher's class or from a group.
If your school or group uses an automated rostering option to synchronise myON students and classes with your student information system, do not edit teachers' classes manually. Instead, contact your administrator if you have any changes. You can edit group membership within myON.
- Log into myON as a School Administrator.
- On the main page (dashboard), click My School, then Classes/Groups.
- From this view you will see all teacher classes within your school. Click the name of the teacher's class or the group that you would like to edit.
Note: There is currently no option available to re-assign or change the teacher of an existing class.
- Next, click the Assign button in the top right corner of the page.
- To delete current students assigned to the class or group, move the mouse over the student's name in the list on the left and select the X. You will see the word "removed" next to that student. Select Apply.
A message will open, asking if you are sure you want to remove the student(s). Click Yes.
- To add students, use the tabs on the right side of the window to find students that you want to add to the class or group:
- On the Search tab, you can use the search field to search for students in the school by name, ID or user name. Matching students will be listed as you type. To add one, hover over the student's name, then select + next to the student's name; to add all students in the results, tick Select All under the list.
- On the School tab, use the drop-down list to choose a specific school that you want to add students from. To add one of the students to the group, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, tick Select All under the list.
- On the Year tab, use the drop-down list to select a year. To add one of the students to the class or group, hover over the student's name, then select + next to that student; to add all students in the results, tick Select All under the list.
Note: If you are editing a group you created (not a class), you will also see a Classes/Groups tab. On that tab, you can search for students who are already in your groups.
On all of the tabs, students that you add to the class group are shown as "Added" in the list on the left. As you search for students in the tabs, students who were in the class or group before you selected Assign are marked "Already included".
When you have finished adding or removing students, select Apply in the bottom right corner of the window.
The changes you made will be reflected in the class or group list. Click Save in the top right corner of the page to save your changes.
Please note that groups cannot be created for other teachers at the School Administrator level. School Administrators can only create their own groups.