How to Edit User Information in myON (Group Administrator)
The Group Administrator can follow the steps below to edit user information, including user names and passwords.
If your school or group uses an automated rostering option to synchronise myON students and classes with your student information system, do not follow these steps to edit user information. Instead, edit users in the source that is synchronised with myON. If you need additional help, contact myON support.
- On the Group Administrator dashboard (main screen), click My Group, then Users.
- Locate and click on the name of the school containing the user whose profile you need to edit.
- From the Users screen, enter the first or last name or user name of the person whose information you wish to edit. When the user is listed, click the user's name.
- The user's information will open. If you have selected a student, click the pencil icon. (This is not necessary if you have selected a teacher, specialist or administrator.)
- Make your change(s). Click Save when you have finished.
You cannot change the role of an account. The role for the account is set when the account is first created.
However, you can change the SIS ID and user name of the original account, delete that user, and then create a new user with the correct role and the original SIS ID and user name. If you do this, the new user will not have the original user's history, classes or projects.