How to Grant a Teacher Access to Students in Your School (School Administrator)
Normally, teachers can add students to their class who are assigned to their school, but not students from other schools. However, if a teacher needs to add students from another school to their class, they can do so after the School Administrator for that school gives the teacher access to at least one student from that school.
For example, say Susan Evans, a teacher at Park Primary School, also works with some students in North Primary School, and she wants to add the North Primary School students to her myON class. Susan needs to contact the North Primary School myON School Administrator (Claire Connors). By following the steps below, Claire can view the information for one of the North Primary School students and assign that student to Susan's class. Once Claire has done this, Susan can add other students from North Primary School to her class herself.
School Administrators follow these steps to assign the first student from their school to a teacher's class from another school.
- In myON, select My School, then Users.
The Group Administrator can also assign the first student from another school to a teacher. The Group Administrator selects My Group, then Users. Then, the Group Administrator selects a school before continuing with the steps below.
- Find and select the student that that you would like to assign to the teacher's class. You can scroll through the list, or you can use the search field or filters above the list to find the user.
- On the page that shows the student's information, select Classes/Groups.
- Under Assigned Teachers, use the Browse Teachers By School drop-down list to choose the school that the Teacher is assigned to. Then, find the teacher in the list of teachers for that school, or use the search field to search for that specific teacher. Tick the box in the Assigned column next to the teacher to assign the student to that teacher's class.
- Select Apply in the top right section of the page to save your changes.
Now that the first student from your school is assigned to the teacher's class, they can assign other students from your school to their class themselves.