How to View Reports (Group Administrator)
As a Group Administrator, you can follow the steps below to access, customise and generate reports to view your student’s data.
The reports in myON measure reading activity and growth and content popularity and usage.
- From your administrator dashboard (main page), click My Group, then Reports.
- Choose the Scope. For many reports, you can choose between Students in School, Years in School, All Years, Students in Teacher Classes, Specialist Classes and All Schools. For some reports, you can choose between Students in School and Students in Year. For the Extended User Activity report, you can choose between Students in School and All Schools. The Point-in-Time School Summary Report lets you choose All Years or a single year.
- Students in School will give you a report that includes every student in the school you specify. Depending on the report, you may see each student's specific data.
- Years in School will give you data for each year in the school that you select.
- All Years will give you a report by year across all schools in the school group. For the Point-in-Time School Summary Report, you can also choose a single year.
- Teacher Classes in School will give you a report by teacher class in the building that you select.
- Specialist Classes will give you a report by specialist class for all specialists in the school group.
- All Schools will give you a report by school for all schools in the school group.
- Students in Year will include students in a year that you select. Depending on the report, you may see each student's data.
In this example, you will see data across multiple schools:
In this example, you will see data within one school:
Select a Date Range for the report. Note: It can take 24-48 hours for all reading data to matriculate successfully into reports. This happens for several reasons, including offline data that uploads regularly from students using the app.
Click Run Report in the top right area of the page.
The first thing you will see is a Summary for the report. In the top right corner of the Summary box, use the drop-down list to choose a different visualisation of the report, which may allow you to see different data. The options that are available depend on the report that you are viewing.
Below that, you will see the report itself. (The Point-In-Time School Summary shows the summary only.) You can customise how the data is displayed on the report. For reports with goals, use the drop-down list to choose whether to see and set your goals or to see goals set by others; for more about goals, see What Information is shown on each report. Click column headers to sort the report by the data in the selected column. The example below shows the Core Report.
To download the report as a .csv file, click Download Report in the bottom left corner of the page. The .csv file will include the body of the report, but not the Summary data at the top of the page.
For the Point-In-Time School Summary, select Download Report to see a summary by week for all included years. Select Download Source Data to see a weekly summary for each year included in the report.