How to View Reports (Group Administrator)
As a Group Administrator, you can follow the steps below to access, customise and generate reports to view your student’s data.
The reports in myON measure reading activity and growth and content popularity and usage.
- From your administrator dashboard (main page), click My Group, then Reports.
- Choose the Scope. The options available depend on the report you have selected.
||Scope Options Available
||What the Options Do
|Students in School
||Includes every student in the school you select. Shows each student’s specific data.
|Years in School
||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each year in the selected school. Only year data is shown, not individual student data.
||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each year in all schools. Only year data is shown, not individual student data.
|Teacher Classes in School
||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each teacher's class in the selected school. Only class data is shown, not individual student data.
||Gives you totals or averages (depending on the metric) for each school. Only school data is shown, not individual student data.
Most Popular Books
Most Popular Categories
|Students in School
||Includes overall data for all students in the selected school (not individual student data) for each day, book, category or news article (depending on the report).
|Students in Year
||Includes overall data for all students in the selected year (not individual student data) for each day, book, category or news article (depending on the report).
|Extended User Activity
||Students in School
||Includes every student in the selected school. Shows each student’s specific data.
||Gives you a spreadsheet file in .csv format that includes every student in all schools. Shows each student's specific data.
|Point in Time School Summary
||Shows overall metrics for all years in the school you select or in all schools (if you select All Schools in the second drop-down list).
|Select a Year and Select a School
||Select All Years or a specific year and All Schools or a specific school. Shows overall metrics for the selections you make.
In this example, you will see data across multiple schools:
In this example, you will see data within one school:
- Select a Date Range for the report. Note: It can take 24-48 hours for all reading data to matriculate successfully into reports. This happens for several reasons, including offline data that uploads regularly from students using the app.
- Click Run Report in the top right area of the page. (If you select the Extended User Activity Report and All Schools, you will have a Download Report option instead that downloads a .csv file.)
- For many reports, the first thing you will see is a Summary for the report; for some, you will see another visualisation. In the top right corner of the Summary box, use the drop-down list to choose a different visualisation of the report, which may allow you to see different data. The options that are available depend on the report that you are viewing.
Below that, you will see the report itself. (The Point-In-Time School Summary shows the summary only.) You can customise how the data is displayed on the report. For reports with goals, use the drop-down list to choose whether to see and set your goals or to see goals set by others; for more about goals, see What Information is shown on each report. Click column headers to sort the report by the data in the selected column. The example below shows the Core Report.
- To download the report as a .csv file, click Download Report in the bottom left corner of the page. The .csv file will include the body of the report, but not the Summary data at the top of the page.
For the Point-In-Time School Summary, select Download Report to see a summary by week for all included years. Select Download Source Data to see a weekly summary for each year included in the report.