How to View Reports (School Administrator)
As a School Administrator, you can follow the steps below to access, customise and generate reports to view your students' data.
The reports in myON measure reading activity and growth and content popularity and usage.
- From your administrator dashboard (main page), click My School, then Reports.
- Choose the Scope. For many reports, you can choose between Students in School, Students in Year, Students in Group, My Groups, Teacher Classes in School and All Years. Some reports let you choose between Students in School, Students in Group, Students in Teacher Classes and Students in Year. The Extended User Activity Report lets you choose Students in School, Students in Year and Students in Group. The Point-in-Time School Summary Report lets you choose All Years or a single year.
- Students in School will give you a report that includes every student in your school. Depending on the report, you may see each student's specific data.
- Students in Year will include students in a year that you select. Depending on the report, you may see each student's data.
- Students in Group will generate a report for students in a group that you specify (created from your School Administrator account). Note: This will not show you groups that teachers have created; the teachers' groups are only accessible from their own accounts.
- My Groups will give you a total or average (depending on the metric) for all participants in each group you created. You cannot see individual user data in this scope - only group totals.
- Teacher Classes in School shows you a total or average (depending on the metric) for each teacher's class. You cannot see individual user data in this scope - only class totals.
- Students in Teacher Classes lets you generate a report on the class for one teacher; you will be asked to select the teacher.
- All Years shows you a total or average for each year. You cannot see individual user data in this scope - only class totals. For the Point-in-Time School Summary Report, you can also choose a single grade.
Select a Date Range for the report. Note: It can take 24-48 hours for all reading data to matriculate successfully into reports. This happens for several reasons, including offline data that uploads regularly from students using the app.
Click Run Report in the top right area of the page.
The first thing you will see is a Summary for the report. In the top right corner of the Summary box, use the drop-down list to choose a different visualisation of the report, which may allow you to see different data. The options that are available depend on the report that you are viewing.
Below that, you will see the report itself. (The Point-In-Time School Summary shows the summary only.) You can customise how the data is displayed on the report. For reports with goals, use the drop-down list to choose whether to see and set your goals or to see goals set by others; for more about goals, see What Information is shown on each report. Click column headers to sort the report by the data in the selected column. The example below shows the Core Report.
To download the report as a .csv file, click Download Report in the bottom left corner of the page. The .csv file will include the body of the report, but not the Summary data at the top of the page.
For the Point-In-Time School Summary, select Download Report to see a summary by week for all included years. Select Download Source Data to see a weekly summary for each year included in the report. (The Download Source Data button is not available if you generate the report for a single year.)