School Administrator School Settings Overview
As the School Administrator in myON software, you can follow the steps below to set the adjustable settings for your schools only. Note that the Group Administrator can change these settings for all schools.
The School Administrator can set which years can
- write book reviews
- take AR quizzes
- access Literacy Centre tools
The School Administrator can also choose which test metrics are shown to students and on the myON with Star report.
These settings affect your school only. You can also select which language to use by default for your school.
- Log in to myON as the School Administrator.
- Click My School, then Account.
- Select the Settings tab.
- On the Settings tab, in the Quizzes and Reading Tools section, tick the box next to an activity (Book Reviews, AR Quiz or Literacy Centre) to enable restrictions; then, use the drop-down lists to choose which years can do that activity.
- In the Star Account Linking section, select Enable if you want students to be asked to log in to their Star accounts to link their Star scores with myON. Select Disable if you do not want students to be asked to log in to their Star accounts, and you want them to use myON without their Star scores.
- In the Displayed Metrics section, tick the metrics that you want students to see and that you want to see in the myON with Star report. You may choose up to four. Note: ATOS ZPD is always selected.
- In the Language Settings section, choose the default language for the software and the available languages.
- When you finish changing the settings, click Save in the top right corner of the tab.